Other people’s words about … health and wellbeing
My Top 10 Tips for Health and Wellbeing
- Listen to your body
- Keep moving
- Get plenty of sleep
- Read the small print
- Eat out less; cook at home more
- Reconnect with nature
- Reduce your stress
- Appreciate the simple things
- Share the love
- Be grateful
from ‘Feel Good Good‘
by Valli Little
I am fascinated by other people’s tips for living well. I like Valli Little’s suggestions above, which are simple and practical, and come from years of experience.
My own strategies for living well vary, depending on my mood, but here are my current top ten:
1. Eat plenty of fruit and vegetables. And some cake.
2. Move — however you can, whatever your physical limitations.
3. Step outside.
4. Read books.
5. Spend time with people you love. Let them know you love them.
6. Know that happiness and sadness are like the clouds and the wind. They blow in. They blow out.
7. Practise gratitude for how things are. Don’t fret about how they could be.
8. Enjoy solitude. Know that you can survive loneliness.
9. Cultivate humility.
10. Find things …
… that make your heart sing.
2 thoughts on “How to live well”
Lovely illustrated list, Rebecca! I agree with all of the above. 🙂
Thanks, Eliza 🙂